Sunday, 28 July 2013

Happy Birthday Mehraz-Head Boy 2012-13

The post below is for a very special person PAF Chapter A Levels had the honour of witnessing. Read on  an insight to his life which is written by none other than his sister, Laiba Khan, and edited by Moaaz Sidat and Lubaina Ehsan. 
Happy Birthday Big Guy! :D


PAFIAN Stage Play, 2012-13
Written, Produced & Directed by Laiba Khan (Mehraz ki Behen)


Scene 4 shot 2:

(Mother talking to her eldest son)

Mom: Beta, I wonder why you aren’t a high achiever at college?

Son: Well... mum, that’s just too ordinary. almost half of the students end up being high achievers. But tell me, how many end up as Head Boys? Wow! JUST ONE.  And mum, that’s your son, Mehraz.

Guess who the son was?
I know that it is not a difficult one to answer, as every PAFIAN knows that it is none other than our very own, Mehraz Khan; Head Boy 2012-13. And, allow me share this with all the smart girls of PAF Chapter that today is his 19th birthday!


People often ask me how and why Mehraz became so popular and successful. Well, mainly it was because of his adorable looks (*wink wink*) and innovative style followed by sincerity, acute sense of responsibility coupled with humour, caring attitude for his team (and non-team) and never ending love for his school that made him THE MOST POPULAR Head Boy that PAF Chapter has ever seen. It also gave him the privilege of becoming Director Logistics at PAFMUN 2013 after an initial start as a Security volunteer in the first edition. He spent days and nights at Chapter teaching us the true meaning of responsibility and dedication, inspiring us with his ways of organising various events and delivering nothing short of the very best!

On a personal level, he 'donated' his iPhone to a pick-pocketer just after offering Friday prayers. With a shoe size of 14 and a height of 6’4”, he definitely earned the respect of all those who knew him. If you know what I'm referring to ;)

He was tense throughout the tough Election Campaign 2012-13, even more than he ever was for his CIE results. I remember my share for his campaign, especially the comments from his close friends for me, like 'The promos/banners are amazing. Mehraz is lucky to have a sister like you' which made me proud to be his sister. Oh and, in the end all the hard work paid off with a triumphant victory.

I still remember the old PAFMUN days when I had to wait for him for long hours but he just wouldn’t go home until every single person had left. Ms. Shireen would always say, "Mehraz, go home! It's not safe. You have your sister with you too." She said this despite knowing very well that he would not leave and would stay till the very end. It was perhaps that everlasting confidence she had in him which became a reason as to why she loves him like her very own son.

Last but not the least, how can we forget Farewell '13? What a grandeur night it was. For the very first time I saw my brother actually crying with tears in his eyes and subsequently, bringing to tears to the eyes of all those around him. It was impossible for me also to control myself. Ms. Seema Irfan came to him and said, "Beta, it is okay. Please don’t cry." Mehraz replied (in a weird tone): "Miss, when I came here I... *BHEN BHEN BHEN*."

Two things I hate about my brother. One, his singing acumen. Two, his crying pitch. Although, I'm glad he is not fond of doing these too often. Allow me to share a childhood memory of Mehraz Khan. When he was in 2nd Grade, our parents went to a parent-teacher meeting in The City School, Darakhshan Campus, and got a complaint from his class teacher saying, "Mehraz is a very nice boy. Just make sure he never sings again, we will award him full marks in music."

In the end, I would just like to tell him that his family and the never ending list of his friends love him so very much and are immensely proud of him. As Ms. Seema Irfan said, and I quote,

"Mehraz has left a legacy."

We wish to thank him for all the amazing and beautiful moments he gave us and wish him an even more successful career in his life ahead. Ameen.


Lil' Cute Mehraz ^_^
Collage Courtesy: Laiba Khan.


No comments: