Sunday, 4 November 2012

Bliss.




Mustafa Fahim
A2C1

The sensation is overwhelming, its as though I have been transported to heaven. The brilliant calmness and the purity of the situation is something which others can’t contemplate. Yes, I’m talking about the feeling of Bliss or inner happiness that a person experiences. 
There are several stages of Bliss in a person's life, and they differ in each person. I have experienced 3. When I was a child, the moment of Bliss for me was devouring chocolate that was the ultimate 'happy' moment, savoring that sweet black fantasy. Other moments of bliss at this early stage was when my dad used to surprise me with new action figures when he came home from work.
Then in my early teens I experienced the second stage of bliss. The only real inner happiness I got at this point in life was when I played Resident Evil 4 on my PS2 and defeated the bosses, the feeling of triumph I got was just exuberating, at this stage I also felt triumphant when I hit fours and sixes while playing cricket with cousins and friends. I get nostalgic just thinking about those moments.
Now to contemplate the third stage of Bliss, one must understand that as we evolve as a person so does our concept of Bliss. Hence, the third stage of bliss is when I just sit alone in a room, with nothing disturbing me, and read a suspense novel for hours and hours. This is the matured stage of Bliss. Another example of this stage is when I meet my friends and we watch a match or movie together or just talk for hours, reminiscing the past. That is real and pure bliss, its pinnacle.

Bokeh is bliss.
"You came to take us, 
all things go, all things go,
to recreate us, 
all things grow, all things grow,
we had our mindset,
all things know, all things know,
you had to find it, 
all things go, all things go." - Chicago - Sufjan Stevens



2 comments:

Rimsha Imran said...

Very beautifully written... inner happiness doesn't mean something has to be done, its just little little cute things:)

K said...

You seriously need to consider a future as a philosopher poet. One of Pakistan's first, maybe? :)