Saturday, 24 November 2012

My Mother


                                      


Minahil Malik
A1S3

She is perfect even after aging. Those bedazzled eyes hold so much in them and I love that humor filled smile that plays on her face. Her infectious laughter does wonders to me as it chases all my gloom away and brings out the best in me. Her soothing voice is the best in times of stress and gives me all the courage I need. Sitting next to her on a wintry evening, sharing words over a cup of coffee, I let my senses sink into her very presence. Annoying her and then watching her sulk and later hugging her tight while she tries to fight me off but to her surprise I've grown too tall for her in such little time!
People always tell me how I have my grandmothers eyes or a smile like that of my fathers, but, the best feeling in the world is when someone tells me how I've grown up to be a young lady just like my mother once was. 

Like sunshine to trees, our mothers help us grow, prosper and reach new heights.

1 comment:

Rimsha Imran said...

Touching :')