Friday, 16 November 2012

Chances



Umaiya Rehman
A2-C5

                                                                                     Source: Internet

Bright! So bright!

Moving my hand from my eyes slowly and getting accustomed to the brightness.

White. Everything’s white, even my clothes, pure white. There is no wall or window

but I can hear footsteps, so I turn 

“Do I know you?”

*--------------------------*

Everybody deserves a second chance and you take these chances as they come,

even if they do come after death. Do not get me wrong my life was not a worst case

scenario but what if you are back once again on the crossroads that changed your

life, would you go the other way?

*--------------------------*

“You tell me, do you know me?” he asked with a smile I couldn’t quite place.

So I changed my question, “Where am I?”

He gestured to this door that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and if

that was not enough, then the surrounding of the door was all hazy and a blur and it

was not just any door. It was a hospital door, you know, the one that leads straight

into the operation theater. So I peeked through the small window panel in the door,

it gave a clear view of the operation table.

“Is that me?” I asked but he just stared as if it were obvious.

Well excuse me but it’s a little hard to imagine the doctors operate on you while

you watch in an out of body sort of a way.

*--------------------------*

“Emergency case, car accident, female, 24, major blood loss”

“Let’s get her into the OR people”

*10 minutes into the operation*

“She’s losing pressure”

“Heart rate falling and fast!”

“We’re losing her!”

*Beeeeeeeeeeeep*

“Time of death 09:54 pm”

*--------------------------*

“So what?! I’m dead?!” I ask looking down at my body.

“It would seem so.” He said with a calm I didn’t feel and quite frankly found very

frustrating.

“So what now? What happens next?”

“This was not supposed to happen, you were not supposed to die.”

“What do you mean?” this just kept getting more and more confusing.

“It means it was not your time yet. You still haven’t met him.” And then he did the

most unbelievable thing, he smiled. And it all went dark.

He smiled, the angel of mercy smiled.

*--------------------------*

“In times better,

in dreams yet to be seen,

on another plane,

In a different sky,

you have yet to meet him.”

*--------------------------*

Soul Mates.

Some wait forever, some love and lose and some just never meet. They pass each

other by and never realize what they have lost, what they may never find. So if you

had a chance, a chance to find, would you take it? Would you join the Earth and the

sky? Or would you just let it all pass you by?

*--------------------------*

“Katie! What are you doing we’ll be late for class! And this time Mr.Shermans
surely going to kick us out!”
“Relax Tess, I’m coming, just a minute. “
“Honestly! Ever since that accident of yours I swear you keep getting slower and
slower by the second.”
“Hey! Oh never mind! lets go!”
“KATIE! Watch out! . . . . I told you to watch where you're going”*sigh*

*--------------------------*

“Are you okay? I’m sorry I should have watched where I was going, Tess is always
telling me to watch where I go.” Oh! Hey?!”

He thrust her aside and went on his way.

“I know it was my fault for not watching where I was going but it was partly his
fault too! He didn’t even apologize and what’s with that dark arrogant look he gave
me?!”
“Forget him Katie, WE’RE LATE AGAIN!!”

*--------------------------*

And once again the angel of mercy smiled.

So they finally meet, let the fireworks begin.

No comments: