Friday, 23 November 2012

In This Rain

By Irtiqa Sheral


In this rain, there’s a little hum

Something that makes my eyes go numb

The moments that do not all return
The moments that one does not have to earn

Yet, the ones that are priceless
Carrying echoes of thoughts so careless

The feelings that are never bygone
Carrying my spirit on

I reach out to you
But you never do

You are the soul of the world
Remain in my arms, curled

The breeze, so chill and cool
Consoles, I’m not a fool

The dews dripping on my face
A slightly-resembling picture of your grace

My doubts creep in for shelter
My heart’s too kind and falters

Your arrival is spoken of to me
Despite knowing that this can, in no way, be

I stop and wait
Time using me as a bait
In this rain, there’s a little hum
Something that makes my eyes go numb.


No comments: